The Sufi whirling, also known as Sama, is one of the best-known and most inspiring ceremonies in Turkey. This 800-year old tradition is a spiritual and mystic voyage through the mind and love of perfection.
Whirling Dervish Show
Established by the followers of the thirteenth century Persian poet, Rumi, the Mevlevi Order (Whirling Dervishes) are a Muslim order who dance as a form of prayer.
The ceremony begins with 15 minutes of traditional Turkish music played by some of the best local orchestras in the city, followed by the Mevlevi Order performing the dance ritual of the Whirling Derviches for 45 minutes. This act is listed as one of the Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO. The dancing is accompanied by soul-stirring ayin music.
During the show, the Dervishes spin on their left foot with their arms stretched out and embark on a spiritual journey to find the truth through love until they reach perfection.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 8 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 35% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 8 and 12 years old|
Children between 8 and 12 years oldUS$ 40.50
Drinks (tea, soft drinks, water and Turkish coffee).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (12:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Hodjapasha Cultural Center, Ankara Caddesi, Hocapaşa Hamam Sok 3B.