The Sufi whirling, also known as Sama, is one of the best-known and most inspiring ceremonies in Turkey. This 800-year old tradition is a spiritual and mystic voyage through the mind and love of perfection.
Whirling Dervish Show
Established by the followers of the thirteenth century Persian poet, Rumi, the Mevlevi Order (Whirling Dervishes) are a Muslim order who dance as a form of prayer.
The ceremony begins with 15 minutes of traditional Turkish music played by some of the best local orchestras in the city, followed by the Mevlevi Order performing the dance ritual of the Whirling Derviches for 45 minutes. This act is listed as one of the Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO. The dancing is accompanied by soul-stirring ayin music.
During the show, the Dervishes spin on their left foot with their arms stretched out and embark on a spiritual journey to find the truth through love until they reach perfection.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Children between 8 and 12 years old||Children under 8|
Children between 8 and 12 years oldUS$ 42.80
Children under 8not permitted
Drinks (tea, soft drinks, water and Turkish coffee).
When to book?
You can book up until 7 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Hodjapasha Cultural Center, Ankara Caddesi, Hocapaşa Hamam Sok 3B.